Gluten and Dairy Free Lobster Eggs Benedict
Perfect for mother's day brunch! Our take on the classic eggs Benedict includes fresh lobster claws, a soft poached egg and our very own dairy-free Hollandaise sauce!
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp vinegar (cider vinegar works too)
- 1 Whisked Gluten-Free Hamburger Bun
- Lobster Meat (or other seafood like cooked shrimp or crab meat)
- Hollandaise Sauce
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp melted organic coconut oil
- Steamed asparagus or mixed greens
- Put a medium size pot of water over medium-high heat (fill 3/4 with water)
- Bring to a slow simmer and add the vinegar
- Crack one of the eggs in a separate smaller bowl making sure not to break the yolk
- Using a ladle start stirring the boiling water so that the water in spinning in a vortex, slowly tip your egg in making sure that the egg white touches the water first, the vortex will pull the rest of the egg in and turn around wrapping the egg white around the yolk.
- Let boil for 1-2 minutes for a runny center, 3-4 minutes for a hard center
- Remove from the water and place on a paper towel to drain any excess water (this will prevent your bread from getting soggy from the vinegar water)
- Repeat this step for however many eggs you have
- For the sauce, keep your water at a low simmer and place a small heat proof bowl on top creating a Bain-Marie (or double boiler)
- Prepare your bread (split in half and toast if you want it toasted)
- Prepare your sauce ingredients (egg yolks, melted coconut oil and lemon juice)
- Carefully remove the now warm bowl from the double boiler (watch your hands it will be hot!)
- Add all the sauce ingredients and whisk until its emulsified together, it should start to thicken depending on how hot your bowl is, return the bowl back to the double boiler still whisking vigorously until the sauce is thickened but still runny (30-40 seconds). (Don't over heat as it will thicken to a mayonnaise consistency!)
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Lettuce or steamed asparagus on the bottom, then one layer of bread, lobster meat, poached egg then pour a generous portion of sauce on each egg, garnish with a some crushed black pepper and Voilà! Eggs Benedict à la Whisked!
- Happy Mothers Day MOM!
- Bring a large salted pot of water to boil, add lobster and cook for 8 minutes depending on the size of your lobster (about 8 minutes per pound, the shell should turn a nice deep red). To help release the meat from the shell, plunge the hot lobster in an ice bath.