Gluten-Free Gnocchi with Blue Cheese Sauce
Rich and creamy blue cheese sauce made with Canadian blue cheese to go with Whisked Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Gnocchi
- 4 oz Canadian Blue Cheese crumbled
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 cup 10% cream
- 1 clove garlic (skin removed and crushed)
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Fresh herbs for garnish
- 1 lb Whisked Gluten Free Sweet Potato Gnocchi
- Add the crumbled blue cheese, butter, cream, clove of garlic and Parmesan cheese to a medium size sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat stirring constantly to not scorch the cream on the bottom of the saucepan.
- Continue to cook for approximately 5 – 6 minutes or until the sauce has a nice thick consistency.
- Remove the garlic clove and take off the burner and set aside.
- Set a large pot of water to boil (approximately 2 liters of water).
- Add a tablespoon of salt.
- Once the water has come to a rolling boil add the frozen gnocchi and stir.
- Boil the gnocchi for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Once they rise and float up to the surface, they are done.
- Drain the water and return the gnocchi to the pot.
- Add the cream sauce and stir gently.
- Serve in a shallow dish and garnish with your favorite herb and additional Parmesan cheese and or blue cheese.