Valentine’s Stuffed Gluten-Free French Toast
Surround yourself with people you love this weekend! Valentine’s Day is not about what you buy but about what you share with the people you love (at least in my opinion). This is what this recipe is all about, have fun, laugh a little, love a lot and above all else, stay warm in this -30 C weather!
We hope you enjoy making these heart shaped stuffed French toasts as much as we did!
- 4 slices Whisked Gluten-Free Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup softened cream cheese (or dairy-free alternative)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp butter (or coconut oil for dairy-free)
- 1 heart shaped cookie cutter
- Spread cream cheese evenly between the two slices of bread to create two sandwiches
- Place cookie cutter on sandwich and press (don't discard the edges, you can use these as a framed heart on the plate, don't waste it!), Repeat with the other sandwich
- In a small bowl combine the eggs and almond milk
- Melt butter or oil in a frying pan/skillet over medium heat
- Dip sandwiches in egg mixture and let bread absorb on both sides
- Place egg dipped sandwiches into hot pan and cook until golden brown (1-2 minutes) then flip and repeat!
- Serve immediately with mixed berries, whipped cream and pure maple syrup (or whatever topping you prefer!)